Lions Club of Jersey was developed out of a desire to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Since its inception, we have worked hard to provide support where it's most needed.
We are are a registered charity with the Jersey Charity Commissioner and our Registered Charity No. is 352.
Our team relies exclusively on volunteer help. And remember, a little often goes a long way. During 2022 the Club:
· Paid for children’s holiday club placements, nursery fees, clothes, learning aids, uniforms and transport.
· Provided numerous carpets, TV’s, cookers, fridges, freezers, and washing machines.
· Provided profile beds, reclining chairs, mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs and mobility aids.
· Part-funded a wheelchair friendly car.
· Assisted the refurbishment of charity, family accommodation.
· Covered the cost of family relocation, removals, emergency and overseas travel, particularly following the "Haut du Mont" disaster in December 2022, when a donation of £5,000 was given to the Bailiff's appeal (matched by a further £5,000 from our Lions District).
· Supported various island food banks .
· Recycled 1,000’s of Spectacles for despatch to third world countries.
· Commenced a £3.5m+ refurbishment programme of the Maison Des Landes Accessible Hotel and creation of new “Community Hub”.
· Provided support funding to Lions Clubs projects working internationally, including Ukraine.
· Supported the Lions’ Medic Alert programme.
We're always happy to welcome new volunteers who would like to dedicate some of their time to charity. If you'd like to lend a hand, please don't hesitate to contact us, new members are always welcome.
The Club meets for a dinner and business meeting at the Pomme d’Or Hotel on the second Monday monthly – 6:00 pm for 6:30 pm start. Guests are welcome but contact should be made in advance with the Club Secretary. The Club Directors meet on the fourth Monday monthly – 5:15 pm for 5:30 pm.
The current Secretary is:
Lion Jane Rueb Email: Secretary@lionsclubofjersey.co.uk
Please feel free to contact us or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Linked In